Oxipack is able to provide leak testing solutions for solid, rigid forms of packing that would not be suitable for use with the standard Stationary Leak Tester (SLT) system.
For this type of rigid packaging that contains air or an inert gas, we have developed a different kind of leak tester that snugly envelopes the shape of the packaging as closely as possible.
The Can Leak Tester (CLT) uses specially made-to-measure mould inserts to test for leaks on a range of rigid products.
In this way, Nespresso, Dolce Gusto or other coffee cups, blister packs of tablets, coffee pods or ready meal trays can be simply tested to check if they are airtight.
Even cans of milk powder can be tested by the CLT. The CLT also uses pressure differences to test for leaks.
With this model, a bell jar containing a flexible rubber membrane in the same shape as the can drops down over the packaging.
A vacuum is then created in the surrounding space. If the can has a leak, this is shown by a change in the pressure in the measuring bell jar. The packaging itself remains intact.
- Non-destructive leak detection
- Simple to operate and clean
- Due to its size and robustness, the CLT is perfectly suited for factory and industrial environments
- Within 20 seconds leaks will be detected up to 10µm
- Reduce wastage of food and materials
- No risk of cross contamination