AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings
Coatings and Inks for the Metal Packaging Industry
AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings is a world leading supplier of coatings and inks for the protection and decoration of beverage, food, aerosol, general line cans, metal closures and collapsible tubes. We supply both global and customised technologies to meet your needs wherever your business is located. We turn your customers' vision into a reality and unleash your creativity.
AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings is a world leading supplier of coatings and inks for the protection and decoration of beverage, food, aerosol, general line cans, metal closures and collapsible tubes. We supply both global and customised technologies to meet your needs wherever your business is located. We turn your customers’ vision into a reality and unleash your creativity.
Inks and coatings for the metal packaging industry
AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings delivers a wide range of products, including:
- Hi-tech internal and external coatings for food and drink packaging
- Consistent high-quality visual appearance for caps and closures
- Inks and coatings that provide brand awareness, integrity and enhancement
- Hi-Tech bonding and coating for flexible packaging applications
- Paper coatings that provide oil, grease and moisture barrier
Customised technical support for packaging coatings and inks
We understand that our ability to deliver an end-to-end solution is vitally important to the modern-day metal packaging industry and the performance of your business.
Adding value in the supply chain with innovative design, customisation, on-time delivery and consistent quality, all with improved efficiency, is demanding. The machinery, technology and people must all be in balance in order to succeed.
To help you, our focus extends beyond the supply of coatings. At AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings we strive to create lasting commercial partnerships built on product innovation, technical support and commercial services that are customised to meet your specific business needs.
Internal and external coatings and inks
AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings has solutions to meet your needs. Selected from a well-structured range of performance tiers we can meet a variety of commercial requirements.
We have a complete range of internal and external coatings and inks for food cans and ends, plus side-seam powder, post-repair sprays and heat seal coatings. We offer an extensive portfolio of internal coatings and inks for three piece aerosols, general line cans, monobloc aerosols and collapsible tubes. We also have internal and external coatings for beer and beverage cans, ends and tabs and a full range of internal and external coatings and inks for vacuum closures, aluminium caps and crown corks.
Water and solvent-based coatings for internal and external use
Our product range includes:
- Aqualure™: water-based technology for internal use
- Aquaprime™: water-based technology for external use
- Vitalure™: solvent-based technology for internal use
- Vitalac™: solvent-based technology for external use
- Icimar™: cationic UV curable technology
- Marlux™: free radical UV curable technology
- Eurocure™: UV curable ink technology
- Diaflex™: thermally cured ink technology
Sustainable and recyclable metal packaging
With a sharp focus on sustainability in recent years, the recyclable quality of metal packaging bodes well for its long-term future. We support this by directing our research towards reducing the emissions and energy consumption that is related to our products. We also aim to help our customers meet their own responsibilities and goals for sustainable practices. We do this in many ways, including:
- Development of water-based technologies
- Expanding use of energy cure technologies
- Introduction of low-bake solutions
- Working with customers and our own supply chain to minimise material use
- Using bio-renewable materials in our products