Total packaging industry deals for September 2019 worth $811.73m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 145.7% over the previous month and a drop of 72.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.92bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 21.4% over the last 12-month average with 34 deals against the average of 28 deals.
In value terms, Middle East and Africa led the activity with deals worth $417.02m.
Packaging industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 96% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $778.93m, against the overall value of $811.73m recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Lindsay Goldberg’s $328.57m private equity deal with Bilcare Research
2) The $282.21m acquisition of Suzhou Greenpower New Energy Materials by Yunnan Energy New Material
3) BPF1’s $79.7m acquisition of Plastics Capital
4) The $63.45m acquisition of Everest Flexibles by Huhtamaki
5) Blue Horizon Corporation, Chestnut Street Ventures, GreenSoil Investments and Triodos Organic Growth Fund’s venture financing of Tipa for $25m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.