Total packaging industry deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the $1.01bn acquisition of De Jong Packaging being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 20.9% over the previous month of $2.39bn and a rise of 5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.8bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a flat growth with 35 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 35 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $1.85bn in September 2022.
Packaging industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 97.9% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.85bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stora Enso’s $1.01bn acquisition deal with De Jong Packaging
2) The $389.61m private equity of Imerys by Syntagma Capital
3) Schwarz Produktion Stiftung & Co.’s $212.53m asset transaction deal with Stora Enso
4) The $149.81m asset transaction of Stora Enso by Sylvamo
5) Sonoco Products’s $87.3m acquisition deal with Skjern Paper