Total packaging industry deals worth $3.3bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $2.65bn private equity deal with Crown Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 339.5% over the previous month of $746.28m and a rise of 185.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.15bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 19.35% with 25 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 31 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.01bn in April 2021.
Packaging industry deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.28bn, against the overall value of $3.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KPS Capital Partners’ $2.65bn private equity deal with Crown Holdings
2) The $280m acquisition of Americraft Carton by Graphic Packaging Holding
3) Chequers Capital’s $243m private equity deal with Alliance Etiquettes
4) The $80m asset transaction deal of Sonoco Products by Hood Container
5) Huhtamaki’s asset transaction deal with Jiangsu Hihio-Art Packaging for $32.52m.