Total packaging industry deals worth $3.3bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $2.65bn private equity deal with Crown Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 339.5% over the previous month of $746.28m and a rise of 185.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.15bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 19.35% with 25 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 31 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.01bn in April 2021.
Packaging industry deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.28bn, against the overall value of $3.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KPS Capital Partners’ $2.65bn private equity deal with Crown Holdings
2) The $280m acquisition of Americraft Carton by Graphic Packaging Holding
3) Chequers Capital’s $243m private equity deal with Alliance Etiquettes
4) The $80m asset transaction deal of Sonoco Products by Hood Container
5) Huhtamaki’s asset transaction deal with Jiangsu Hihio-Art Packaging for $32.52m.