The US packaging industry saw a drop of 7.7% in overall deal activity during Q3 2020, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 deals worth $117.2m were announced in Q3 2020, compared to the last four-quarter average of 26 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 16 deals which accounted for 66.7% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with six deals, followed by venture financing with two transactions, respectively accounting for 25% and 8.3% of overall deal activity in the country’s packaging industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US packaging industry with total deals worth $68.2m, while private equity totalled $49m.
The US packaging industry deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $117.2m, against the overall value of $117.2m recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Essentra’s $64.7m acquisition of 3C! Packaging
2) The $31m venture financing of TemperPack Technologies by Arborview Capital, Greenhouse Capital Partners, Harbert Growth Partners, Revolution Growth, SJF Ventures, Tao Capital Partners, Third Prime Capital and Wheatsheaf Group
3) Iron Gate Capital, Pando Ventures, Seamless Contacts, Signal Peak Ventures, Silverton Partners and Venn Ventures’ $18m venture financing of Fetch Package
4) The $3.5m asset transaction with Continental Structural Plastics by RMC Advanced Technologies
5) Akoya Capital Partners and Trinity Private Equity Group’s acquisition of Donnelly Custom Manufacturing for $0m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.