Smurfit Kappa Acquisitions has raised €600m ($699.35m) in a private placement of bonds due 2026.

Due 15 January 2026, the bonds carry a coupon rate of 2.875% per annum.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The company has engaged Citigroup, Credit Agricole CIB, Danske Bank A/S, HSBC Bank, and The Royal Bank of Scotland Group as book-runners for the transaction, while Clearstream Banking was engaged as a depository.

Based in Ireland, Smurfit Kappa Acquisitions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of packaging products manufacturing company Smurfit Kappa Group.

The company has simultaneously raised €500m ($582.79m) by issuing senior notes due 2026 in a private placement.

Hung Hing Printing Group and Dream International have agreed to establish a joint venture (JV) and engage in printing and packaging manufacturing in Hanoi, Vietnam.

With an estimated capital of $10m, the JV is expected to meet the requirements of both domestic and export markets.

Sojitz Corporation has acquired a 95.24% stake in Saigon Paper Corporation.”

Based in Hong Kong, Hung Hing is engaged in the printing and manufacturing of paper, folding cartons and corrugated containers, while Dream International is engaged in the design, development, manufacture and sale of plush stuffed toys, ride-on toys and plastic figures.

Mesh Ventures has entered a JV with Gesundheit Foods to establish a manufacturing and packaging facility within the Mesh Ventures Cannabis Complex in Oakland, California.

Based in the US, Mesh Ventures is a private investment fund focused on the legal cannabis industry, while Gesundheit Foods is a cannabis products co-packer.

Shandong Bohui Paper Industry has agreed to issue shares in a private placement to raise up to CNY1.44bn ($222.37m).

Based in China, Shandong Bohui Paper Industry is engaged in the research, development and production of paper products.

Ball Corporation and Platinum Equity have signed a JV agreement to form a new packaging company named Ball Metalpack.

Platinum will own 51% in the newly formed company, while Ball Corporation will own the remaining 49%.

Ball Metalpack will manufacture steel containers for aerosol products, food, household consumables, pet food, nutrition and other products in the US.

Platinum Equity is a private equity firm, while Ball Corporation is engaged in packaging and aerospace.

Ball Corporation selected Goldman Sachs & Co as financial advisor for the transaction, while law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom was engaged as a legal counsellor. Platinum Equity has engaged Latham & Watkins as its legal counsel.

Gemayel Freres & Chaoui Industriel Group has acquired NorPaper Group from OpenGate Capital.

Based in France, Gemayel Freres & Chaoui Industriel Group is a private equity firm, while NorPaper Group is a Lebanese company focused on the manufacture of recycled corrugated cardboard and packaging products.

Sojitz Corporation has acquired a 95.24% stake in Saigon Paper Corporation.

Based in Japan, Sojitz Corporation is a trading company, while Saigon Paper Corporation is a Vietnam-based manufacturer of household paper and industrial paper products.

The acquisition is part of Sojitz’s plans to expand into the Asian market.

The Marchesini Group has acquired Schmucker.

Based in Italy, The Marchesini Group is a packaging lines and machines supplier, while Schmucker specialises in the manufacture of building stickpack packaging machinery for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.