Total packaging industry deals for August 2020 worth $907.11m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.3% over the previous month and a drop of 1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $915.96m.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 7.1% over the last 12-month average with 26 deals against the average of 28 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $771.81m.
Packaging industry deals in August 2020: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 97.8% of the overall value during August 2020.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $887.17m, against the overall value of $907.11m recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of August 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Clementine Investments’ $753.06m acquisition of Teckwah Industrial
2) The $49.11m acquisition of Can Packaging by Sonoco Products
3) CCL Industries’ $36m acquisition of Graphic West International
4) The $31m venture financing of TemperPack Technologies by Arborview Capital, Greenhouse Capital Partners, Harbert Growth Partners, Revolution Growth, SJF Ventures, Tao Capital Partners, Third Prime Capital and Wheatsheaf Group
5) Iron Gate Capital, Pando Ventures, Seamless Contacts, Signal Peak Ventures, Silverton Partners and Venn Ventures’ venture financing of Fetch Package for $18m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.