Total packaging industry deals for July 2019 worth $1.26bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 31.3% over the previous month and a drop of 65.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.66bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.7% over the last 12-month average with 31 deals against the average of 28 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $372.5m.
Packaging industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $1.1bn, against the overall value of $1.26bn recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arsenal Capital Partners’ $313.56m private equity deal with Clariant
2) The $251.16m acquisition of Nadir Figueiredo Industria e Comercio by Flamengo Participacoes
3) Cascades’ $207m asset transaction with Orchids Paper Products
4) The $205.86m acquisition of Green Seal Holding by Great Plan International and Treasure Team Holdings
5) Coppermine Capital, Stairway Capital Management Co and WindSail Capital Group’s private equity deal with Genera Energy for $118m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.