Total packaging industry deals for Q2 2020 worth $531.36m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 84.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $3.48bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 43.8% over the last four-quarter average with 54 deals against the average of 96 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $290.64m.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Packaging industry deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five packaging deals accounted for 66.6% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $353.84m, against the overall value of $531.36m recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CPV/CAP Pensionskasse Coop, EverSource Capital Group, Eversource Retirement Plan Master Trust, Flint Hill Resources, Interogo Holding-linked fund International, Vickers Venture Partners and WI Harper Group’s $133m venture financing of RWDC Industries
2) The $99.47m private equity deal with Guala Closures by Special Packaging Solutions Investments S.a
3) Tresmares Capital’s $56.24m private equity deal with Formas y envases
4) The merger of Haesung Industrial and Hankuk Paper Manufacturing for $42.64m
5) SPS Walholding’s acquisition of Ivirareta, Rudaco, S.A. Industrias Celulosa Aragonesa and TC Rey for $22.5m
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.