Total packaging industry M&A deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in September 2022, led by Stora Enso’s $1.01bn acquisition of De Jong Packaging, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 81.4% over the previous month of $821.56m and a rise of 47.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.01bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.46bn. At the country level, the The Netherlands topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.01bn.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for packaging industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in September 2022 was the US with five deals, followed by the UK with three and Italy with two.
In 2022, as of September, packaging M&A deals worth $8.77bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 18.9% year on year.
packaging industry M&A deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 99.02% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five packaging M&A deals stood at $1.48bn, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five packaging industry M&A deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stora Enso’s $1.01bn acquisition deal with De Jong Packaging
2) The $212.53m asset transaction of Stora Enso by Schwarz Produktion Stiftung & Co.
3) Sylvamo’s $149.81m asset transaction deal with Stora Enso
4) The $87.3m acquisition of Skjern Paper by Sonoco Products
5) Tongling High-tech Qihang No.1 Equity Investment Partnership’s $14.45m acquisition deal for 5% stake in Guangdong Songyang Recycle Resources