SC Johnson & Son, a leading household cleaning products manufacturer, has issued a voluntary recall of their 1.2L Drano Max Gel bathroom drain cleaner due to faulty packaging, which may result in leaks near the cap.

The affected product was sold at Bunnings, an Australian hardware chain, and on Amazon between 14 April and 23 May 2023, and bears a use-by date of 31 October 2024.

The bathroom drain cleaner subject to the recall is the SC Johnson & Son 1.2L Drano Max Gel, which comes in a bottle with a faulty seal. Consumers are advised to check for the batch code 664154 located on the bottle’s neck and the UPC [universal product code] 9300622003658 beneath the bottle’s barcode.

Disposal and refund process

Individuals who have purchased the recalled bathroom drain cleaner should dispose of it immediately. To request a refund, consumers are encouraged to contact SC Johnson & Son directly through their website.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The company is committed to assisting customers affected by the recall and ensuring a smooth refund process.

Safety precautions and risks

Drain cleaner is a potent chemical product that requires careful handling to avoid potential harm. It should only be used while wearing protective gloves.

Direct contact with the skin or mucous membranes, such as the eyes or respiratory tract, can lead to irritation, burns and severe damage.

It is therefore crucial to keep the product out of reach of children and pets.