Consumer and commercial products manufacturer Newell Brands has awarded a long-term manufacturing contract to Ball Metalpack.

Under the contract, Ball Metalpack will manufacture metal lids and rings for Newell Brands’ Ball and Kerr home canning jars, adding to its existing portfolio of metal food and aerosol packaging solutions.

The company will commence production of the metal lids and rings next year at its Canton and Columbus facilities in Ohio.

Ball Metalpack CEO Jim Peterson said: “This is an incredible opportunity and we’re proud to have reached this agreement with Newell Brands. This relationship makes a lot of sense for both businesses.

“With our extensive expertise in metal forming and coating, and our deep understanding of the food canning process, we look forward to bringing real value to Newell Brands over the coming years.”

“The company will commence production of the metal lids and rings next year.”

Ball and Kerr brands are owned by Jarden Home Brands, which is a subsidiary of Newell Brands.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

With around 1,300 employees in the US, Ball Metalpack manufactures steel containers for aerosols, food, household consumables, pet food and nutritional products. The company was formed after Ball signed joint venture (JV) and purchase agreements with Platinum Equity in June this year.

Ball owns a 49% stake in Ball Metalpack, while the remaining 51% interest is held by Platinum Equity.

The deal saw Ball contributing its US-based steel food and aerosol packaging manufacturing assets to the JV entity.