WestRock acquires corrugated packaging company Plymouth Packaging

10 January 2018 (Last Updated January 10th, 2018 10:51)

Paper and packaging solutions provider WestRock has completed the acquisition of Plymouth Packaging for an undisclosed amount.

Paper and packaging solutions provider WestRock has completed the acquisition of Plymouth Packaging for an undisclosed amount.

Plymouth produces corrugated packaging products for large and small companies.

The acquisition includes Plymouth’s US-based fanfold corrugated facilities in Battle Creek, Michigan; Fort Worth, Texas; and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania; as well as the entire company-owned box on demand machines located in customers’ facilities.

With Plymouth’s acquisition, WestRock enters on-demand corrugated packaging market that serves e-commerce and other custom-packaging applications.

“The addition of Plymouth Packaging and the ‘box on demand’ capabilities furthers our differentiated packaging and packaging machinery strategies.”

WestRock corrugated packaging president Jeff Chalovich said: “We are pleased to welcome the Plymouth team to WestRock.

“The addition of Plymouth Packaging and the ‘box on demand’ capabilities furthers our differentiated packaging and packaging machinery strategies, and we look forward to growing this business in our portfolio.”

Plymouth’s box on demand machines, which are manufactured by Panotec, are installed at customers’ sites as part of multi-year exclusive agreements for the fanfold corrugated supply.

Using fanfold corrugated packaging, the box on demand systems produce custom, on-demand corrugated solutions to meet a customer’s specifications.

According to WestRock, Plymouth generates 70% of its revenue from box on demand systems and corrugated fanfold, while the remaining 30% from traditional corrugated box packaging.

WestRock is planning to fully incorporate 60,000t of containerboard used annually by Plymouth Packaging.

The company provides differentiated paper and packaging solutions to its customers from more than 300 operating and business locations located in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.