ColorMatrix, a subsidiary of PolyOne Corporation and a leading innovator of liquid color and additives for plastics, will highlight its extensive liquid color and additive technologies portfolio at Arabplast 2013 (Hall 4, Stand 4C124) in Dubai, 7-10 January.
ColorMatrix liquid color and additive dispersions help customers meet aesthetic, performance, sustainability and profitability goals by optimising polymer compatibility for smooth, efficient and clean processing.
ColorMatrix managing director for Europe, Middle East and Africa William Ravenna said: "The Persian Gulf states represent a growing force in the global plastics industry.
"Arabplast is a great opportunity to showcase our extensive capabilities and proven track record in the region."
Formulated for a wide range of polymer types, including polyolefin injection molding and PET packaging applications, ColorMatrix liquid colorants and additives deliver manufacturing efficiencies through:
- Highly accurate dosing: customers can eliminate waste and reduce material consumption using ColorMatrix proprietary volumetric liquid dosing systems with addition rates as low as 0.001%
- Reduced energy consumption: liquid colorants and additives are energy efficient to process because they do not require melting prior to mixing with the resin
- Higher load concentrates: processors can improve sustainability and cost efficiency with higher letdown ratios that require less colorant or additive, minimising raw material consumption
- Rapid color development: patent-pending DosiXpress™ is an innovative color-matching system that can speed time to market using advanced software and base liquid color dispersions to create precise color formulations in a matter of minutes, streamlining product development and speeding up commercialisation.
ColorMatrix additive technologies can improve the aesthetics and performance of injection molded products, and include:
- Clearview™ clarifiers: enhances optics, recyclability and manufacturing efficiency to deliver reduced haze and increased polymer recyclability while reducing cooling time and product shrinkage
- NuAge™ nucleating agents: enables production cycle time improvements and energy savings by increasing the speed of polymer crystallisation, while also delivering physical property enhancements