Total packaging industry M&A deals worth $1.6bn were announced in Europe in Q3 2022, led by Stora Enso’s $1.01bn acquisition of De Jong Packaging, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 186.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 125.01% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $702.18m.
Europe held a 31.79% share of the global packaging industry M&A deal value that totalled $4.97bn in Q3 2022. With a 21.93% share and deals worth $1.09bn, The Netherlands was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across packaging industry.
In terms of deal activity, Europe recorded 39 deals during Q3 2022, marking an increase of 39.29% over the previous quarter and a rise of 56.00% over the last four-quarter average. The UK recorded seven deals during the quarter.
Europe packaging industry M&A deals in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five packaging industry M&A deals accounted for 97.4% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five M&A deals stood at $1.54bn, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five packaging industry deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stora Enso’s $1.01bn acquisition deal with De Jong Packaging
2) The $212.53m asset transaction of Stora Enso by Schwarz Produktion Stiftung & Co.
3) Sylvamo’s $149.81m asset transaction deal with Stora Enso
4) The $87.3m acquisition of Skjern Paper by Sonoco Products
5) SCG Packaging’s $78.87m acquisition deal with Peute Recycling