Sun Chemical Supports Print and Packaging Industries as They Migrate to X-Rite eXact Spectrophotometer
Sun Chemical Corporation said it is supporting customers in the print and packaging industries as they migrate to using the eXact series of spectrophotometers made by X-Rite/Pantone.
Patrice Aurenty, business leader, Color Management at Sun Chemical, said the eXact spectrophotometer: "Is a revolutionary instrument that takes us to the next steps for digital color communication, and we are very happy to assist X-Rite introducing this into the market, as well as into our own global color platform."
X-Rite eXact brings to the supply chain a simple-to-use device that is fully compliant with ISO 13655:2009 measurement standards, which printers use to match proof to press across many substrates.
With split-second measurement times and improved accuracy to simplify workflow, the eXact instrument is the first spectrophotometer in the industry to offer customers a way to measure true daylight conditions, by supporting all the M Standards inclusive of the complete M1.
Aurenty said most of Sun Chemical’s print and packaging customers currently use spectrodensitometers in their workflows, and once they have decided to invest in the technology Sun will help make this migration a seamless process.
The eXact instrument generates data that integrates seamlessly with the PantoneLIVE™ cloud-based color service, to give brand owners a means to connect their whole supply chains.
Sun Chemical is the preferred ink supplier of X-Rite / Pantone’s PantoneLIVE ecosystem for the packaging market, sharing digital targets of spot colors efficiently within the Sun Chemical global network.
"When packaging developers and printers mismatch a brand’s spot color, the error may appear at the proofing or printing stage – leading to multiple proofs and adjustments before the customer approves the job," Aurenty said.
"Such mistakes are not only expensive, but they frequently lead to delays in product release and order fulfillment, mounting up losses in sales. PantoneLIVE solves this costly problem by dramatically speeding up color approval by improving press make-ready time and achieving the right color the first time on press."
The eXact spectrophotometer makes color measurements quick and easy for brand managers, pre-media, ink suppliers, printers and converters, while solving the widespread problem of measuring and matching colors on various substrates and surfaces.
In addition to using advanced measurement technology, the new platform is easy to learn, thanks to the intuitive software and touch screen controls.
The eXact instruments can be set up to position key elements in the order most likely to be needed by personnel such as press operators and operations managers, giving users instant access to the tools they need, often in a single click.
The platform uses X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) and Color Exchange Format (CxF™) to communicate color for easy data exchange.
Some of the features include:
- Faster measurement time of less than one second
- Sequential measurements of M0, M2 and M3
- An integrated tile for simplification and faster calibration
- Support of CxF standard for easy data exchange
- Color display with touch screen technology, offering intuitive software that minimises the time it takes for operators to learn the instrument and options to streamline navigation of menus
- "Best Match" function quickly and easily determines if operators can achieve satisfactory matches on-press
- Automatic detection of patch types (solid, paper, half tone, overprint gray balance) to reduce operator error and speed measurements
- Integrated tools to determine if materials are within a variety of standards (ISO, JPMA, G7, PSO) (Pro), as well as in-house standards / processes