CCL Label Presents 3D OVD Printing Technology
3D optical variable device (OVD) technology is a patented technology that is offered exclusively by CCL, for labels. It is a unique printing process enabling all sub-microscopic gratings, including holograms, to be produced and applied in-line with other print. The printing technology gives the licensee full control of the holographic manufacturing process.
- No hot or cold foil, adhesives or off-line application equipment
- In-line processing with other print stations
- Printed on conventional printing presses at conventional gravure speeds
- Complete ability to register with other print units
- Significant economic advantage when selectively metalizing
- The ability to apply OVDs to products previously excluded by cost
- Flexibility to change images quickly
- Integrated OVD / print design
3D OVD is one simple, cost-effective step towards enhanced brand recognition.