Seufert at the PCD Paris 2016
Seufert Transarente Verpackungen (Seufert) is to present its new eco-friendly material ‘stone film’ at the PCD Paris from 3-4 February at stand AD36.
Stone film is manufactured from one hundred per cent waste and recycling material. It contains up to 60%-80% rock powder (calcium carbonate), which occurs as residual product in the building industry and in quarries. The remaining 20%-40% are recycling polyethylene, which bonds the calcium carbonate.
Having tested the material extensively, Seufert is convinced that stone film is ideally suited for making plastic folding boxes. The white material is as stable as the usual PET film and may be decorated with offset and silk screen printing. It can be cut, glued and welded. Stone film is a new sustainable alternative for white or fully printed plastic folding boxes, slipcases or covers. In addition stone film is tearproof, waterproof, writable and has a special soft velvet touch.
The production of stone film is ecologically sustainable as well. The manufacturing process does not require any water; CO2 emissions and energy consumption are low and nearly no waste occurs.
Stone film may also be recycled and used to produce new stone film or other plastic products. Due to its environmentally friendly production and recycling possibility stone film has received the cradle-to-cradle certificate in silver.
Visit our team at stand AD36.